At First Parish in Cambridge, we host a weekly social hour after Sunday’s worship service. We believe this time highlights the generosity of those attending First Parish and their commitment to sustaining a welcoming community. Staff ensure that there is coffee, tea, and water each week. We need Volunteers to help with setup and to donate food each week. This is a wonderful way to contribute to the work of our congregation without attending a single meeting!
Here is what we need each week:
Social Hour Setup Volunteers
- 1-2 people each week
- Arrive at 10AM on Sunday
- Arrange food donations on plates and prepare main table for social hour
- During final song at worship, head to the kitchen and put out snacks
Food Donation Volunteers
- 3+ Volunteers each week
- Drop off snacks between 10-10:20AM on Sunday
Popular food donations include:
- bagels with cream cheese or other spreads
- fruit or carrots (for congregants with food allergies)
- baked goods, pastries, sweets, etc.
Ready to help out? Please contact Membership Coordinator, Will Williamson